Monday, March 12, 2007

America says, 'set your clocks forward'

'It won't cause problems,' they said.



'No one will complain,' they said.



'Come Monday, it will hardly be an issue,' they said.



I've spent the better part of my weekend dragging my clocks, kicking and screaming, an hour forward because the US government decided it would be fun to fuck with the world. So of course, Canada followed suit.



Great.



After dozens of clocks, laptop settings, watches, TVs and media players had their times changed, my work was done.



Until I arrived at work today. Then we tried sending out meeting invitations and the time kept showing up wrong. My boss also made the pleasant discovery that everyone's availability may be an hour off despite being displayed in the proper time.



And something tells me that this nightmare is far from over because when April rolls around all the automated time changes will kick in and we'll be repairing everything in reverse.



Thanks Congress. Remind me, if we ever meet, not to ask you if you have the time.





Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: