Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's in a name

What's in a name? Sadly, in the case of this blog, not much. Augo is nothing more than a derivative of a sentence I found on a crumpled bag of french bread. I believe it read, 'Au bon gout' but the remnants of the expression, wrinkled and barely legible, read simply, "Augo".



My last blog had a long and overly meaningful title. It pained readers to type it in or to pronounce it when the time came. Rather than try to find some deep meaning for this new blogging attempt I decided from the start that I would choose something easy to say, remember and type. The meaning would be superficial or even meaningless so it's my hope that Augo doesn't mean something deeply Zen in another language because I really can't be bothered telling some long drawn out story of how I had a moment of enlightenment about the meaning of my life and crammed every last molecule of it into a blog title.



Chances are that as you read this, you'll remember some old boyfriend or girlfriend who's name was Augo and that they gave the best oral sex you ever received and in that case --- yes, that's exactly what augo means.



So there you have it. I'll leave the deeper stuff for the actual content and inevitable discussions that follow.

No comments: